Eat fat. Buy fat metabolizer.

I just bought a case of Vespas based on my one-time, one-run trial at the Western States 100 training run weekend. Our first day up in Foresthill we parked next to Peter, a Vespa distributor, who put a golden packet of the magical liquid in each of our hands - me, Tina and Dana - mentioned some stuff about how it works, science, research, blah, blah, blah, Devon and Nathan use, blah, blah, taps into your fat supplies so you can keep going once your carbs run out, get lean, run light, blah, blah - or something like that.

Whatever it was, I had a pretty good run that day.

So I finally made it over to A Runners Mind in Burlingame to pick up a case tonight. As someone used to running with a fairly minimal amount of food I want to see if Vesp
a can suck a little more out of my reserves to make me feel better 15-18-20 miles in without having to carry more Gu.

And so, having spent some $$ on 12 packets of liquid hope and possibility, I walked into the yogurt store next door and topped off my fat reserves with a heaping swirl of fro yo goodness. Too hot to think in dinner terms, too late to think of options at home, too easy to walk 10 steps into the air conditioned comfort of happy sugary land and call it a night. Besides, might as well give my lovely little Vespas all the chance to find my fat supplies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas, Family and Skiing

Holy Ohlone

Lessons Learned Planning for the Tour de Mont Blanc