Fashion. Turn to the Left.
The exhibit was stunning - outfits from the 50's through the 2000's - the 00's? - styles I remember my mom wearing through the 60s and 70s, styles that I remember reading about in fashion magazines. Colorful, ethnic, daring, unconventional. I think my favorite was the floor length black dress, backless, with the giant-sized bright pink bow tied across the back - like, 2 feet of pink in a big bow. I got reprimanded trying to snap a pic, so you'll have to go see for yourself.
But the real display was going on downstairs in the lobby. It was a cornucopia of decked out girls with sky high heels, tousled hair and short, short dresses. There was great style, great accessories, fabulous hair, and fabulous shoes but you noticed the fine line between cocktail couture and tacky. Between showing a little of what you've got and letting it all hang out. We tried not to be catty but a roomful of women is a roomful of women checking each other out. I wish I had pics to share. The visuals were too much to describe in any good detail here. It felt more than a little like a Sex and the City episode out on the town with your girlfriends at the swank new hotspot. The best snippet of conversation I heard was between 2 men as I was waiting in line at the bar. 
Comments