Back when my mom lived in New Jersey it was always fun to go home for Christmas and venture into New York to see the store windows decorated for the holidays, catch a musical, go to Rockefeller Center, and meet up with friends for drinks. But now that she lives in Utah I'm reveling in her proximity to one of my most happiest of happy places, Alta. (Top of High Rustler run, Alta) Of course, Christmas is all about enjoying family time. But just behind that is skiing. :) This Christmas I hit it just right as I arrived early to enjoy a few days of girl time with my mom and sister before my brothers arrived AND in the middle of a thundering storm that dropped almost 3 feet of light and airy champagne-like snow on the Wasatch Range. 3 days of epic conditions on the mountain and 4 days of movies, games, eating, shopping, drinking and taking endless pictures of the first grandchild in our family; not a bad ratio. I shared first tracks with my cousin Liz and her friend, Kim - both amazing f...
Comments
Here's to the spring! And some spring skiing, too!